Thursday, May 1, 2008

Traditional Animation Short - Armsmasters Project

Well here it is and this is certainly a personal milestone of mine. This video represents the completion of a goal in the form of four years of study at the College for Creative Studies. I'm both amazed and humbled by my experiences the past few years.

The Armsmasters Project is kind of my ode to all things action-fantasy and adventure. This thesis film occupied a great portion of my time and energy and working on it was an amazing experience. I look at it and see all sorts of things I could have done differently but it's as much about the journey as it is the final project. There are all sorts of little homages to various animes, american films and comic books sprinkled throughout this piece. The premise that spawned this piece grew out of a concept that I will continue to pursue over time and I will revisit this again.

This version of the film is at about 99%. I have some background layouts that are still going to go in and some minor compositing issues on a couple of shots. I may re-upload it in a few weeks and I might even try dropping some color onto a few shots but for now I'm satisfied and ready to begin the next stage in my life and begin my career.

Thanks for all your encouraging words, critiques and more.

3 comments:

Tom Dow May 1, 2008 at 2:04 AM  

Hi Mike. It's cool to finally see the project that you've been working up to. I've only seen little bits, so far. The piece looks really excellent. Well done.

LampshadeMan May 1, 2008 at 8:37 PM  

Good job Big Mike!!! Many have tried the journey of finishing a student project and failed(including yours truly) You make your mentor very proud.

See Hang May 6, 2008 at 9:24 AM  

this is pretty awesome mike, i can't wait until you update the project with the backgrounds in there--(the ones you showed me last night). congrats on getting a film done!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP