Friday, May 22, 2009

Color Line Tests



Nothing much to say here except that not long ago I was doing some quick color tests on a few shots. Just beginner ones. I never did plan to take my film all the way to color and even right now I'd rather move forward then backwards. Normally this sorta thing would be the purview of a completely different department but us 'indy' folk and school animators have to be one man studios, so to speak!

Now the color flat tests are self explanatory but I also wanted to try my hand at doing tone. Unfortunately at the time I didn't really know the 'process' for doing tones properly so I sort of winged it! I'm sure to the eye of the FX artist the tone tests aren't all there but it was my first time, at the time and I'm okay with how it looks for a first attempt.

4 comments:

BROCASSO May 28, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

Your work is really really good man..
love this blog.

Michael Nathan Winn May 29, 2009 at 11:18 PM  

Many thanks :) Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your work is absolutely awesome.

Ngianhormua Yang June 9, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

oh god.... if only the whole thing was in color.... lol... which i know is impossible unless youve got about 30 of us helping you... great job mike

Michael Nathan Winn June 9, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

Thanks, that's really encouraging. :)

I could probably do it with some dedicated effort - it's just that right now I'm more focused on doing something new and taking -that- to color then coloring the entire older thing.

but at the same time I've been playing with other shots from time to time so maybe I'll end up piecing together a colored re-edit one of these days.

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP