Wednesday, December 2, 2009

ARMSMASTERS - EDIT




So I've been playing around with this for awhile now and its resulted in a new edit of my original Armsmasters Project film with older and newer animatic parts added in as well as some rougher animation pieces, some of which have been posted here and some of which has not.

This new edit is closer to a more defined pilot then a light narrative like the last one in that it skips from scene to scene and is timed more to the music (lifted from Gurren Laggan for the interested)As a result a few characters have multiple designs in this piece such as Riot and Mountain in particular, but it reflects the pace, tone and mood a little better then my original film - which makes sense as that is fairly old and both the concept and myself have progressed since then. So here it is.

2 comments:

Josiah December 7, 2009 at 5:00 AM  

Mike, this new cut has me hyped up. Dunno if its the gurren lagaan music, but the timing IS a lot stronger. If this does get the green light, I'd love to see this on television or dvd sometime soon! :D

Goodluck!

Michael Nathan Winn December 7, 2009 at 12:25 PM  

Re: Josiah

Thanks! Yeah it's kinda funny isn't it - its what I was talking about in school about student films and pacing versus getting more experience. At the time my original cut felt fine to me and just about anyone who viewed it but this feels much stronger. Funny how 'progression' goes. :) And yeah music and timing does matter.

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP